Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vortexes, magic and miracles

I spent last week in the Phoenix area.  My dad and stepmom have a house in Goodyear and we are super fortunate (and extremely grateful) to be able to use it during the winter months.  I know what you are thinking... more holidays?  Really Maren, REALLY?  I hear you, but let me put it to you this way:

A beautiful house to go to + a car to drive + a short three-hour flight = an offer we can't refuse...

You do the math.

We are not alone in our 'quest' to shorten up the loooong Canadian winter, as we had a multitude of friends/family in the area as well.  In fact, I learned that almost 600,000 Canadians spend their winters in the PHX area -- the 'snowbirds' if you will.  While I am not a snowbird (yet), I can truly understand what the draw down to the desert is!

Anyhow, as part of our vacation Trent got the brilliant idea that myself and 'the girls' should go to Sedona for a girls night.  He even found us a deal on Travelzoo for a night's accommodation/spa treatment/breakfast and a yoga class.  Do I need to do another math equation to illustrate for you why this was also a no-brainer?!  No, I didn't think so. 

Our trip to Sedona proved to be lovely.  Much, much better than I expected even.  The hotel was absolutely beautiful and very luxurious.  The spa even more so.  Our meals were all fantastic and we really enjoyed our 'girl time'.  We spent a lot of time giggling but also a lot of time discussing those 'big questions'... we were in Sedona afterall...


My beautiful travel companions: my mom Dianne, Gail and Darcie

While we didn't come up with any of the 'big answers', I would say that it was an enlightening trip for all of us: full of magic and miracles.  If you have never been to Sedona and you ever get the chance, go.  It will inspire you, it will mesmerize you and it might even change you... for the better. 

Hell, look what it did for my vertical jump:


No, that is not an illusion.  That is really me on the left... IN THE AIR!

See?  Miracles do happen.  That, or I was standing in a vortex.  Either way, it was MAGICAL!

Marebare  xoxo

1 comment: