Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm with the potatoes on this one...

Who needs a dirt when you have a pail?
So, my potatoes are under the impression that it is spring... I guess this means that my cold room isn't quite 'cold' enough!  They aren't rotting or anything, just growing roots.  I guess that's why they call it a 'root cellar' (yuck yuck).  Oh man, can you tell by my REALLY bad jokes that I am so badly in need of spring to be here.  Me and the potatoes, we are ONE.

Scream if you're losing it... 1, 2, 3... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!   Whew, only this many days, minutes, hours, seconds until spring:




Which, of course, in my neck of the woods, means approximately only 4 more months of possible snow storms...  maybe I should change that to a summer counter...

Yours crazy,

Marebare

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you and the potatoes! The wildly fluctuating temperatures here have given me a severe case of spring fever. 65F one day, 10F the next. I gave in and planted half of the peas yesterday. Pushing the season just a bit, but hey, the spinach is wintering just fine.

    So... now that we've gotten to the "root" of the problem, perhaps we can see where things are "stemming" from. Unless, of course, we're barking up the wrong tree, in which case I think everybody should just leaf us alone...

    ReplyDelete