Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who doesn't love FREE STUFF?!

Hey!  I just found out about a really rad group/organization called 'Freecycle'.  A good friend of my family - Cindy, turned me onto this group recently, and I have since joined my local chapter in Spruce Grove.  How it works is you apply to sign up to your local organization and they provide you with a medium in which to post and reply to entries from other folks who are trying to get rid of/want other people's stuff.  In other words, 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'.  The best part is?  It is all FREE.  You heard me, FREE!  And who doesn't love free stuff?  From what I have seen so far, this is a very well-run and efficient organization, so I highly encourage you to join in the fun!

Here is the link to the Freecycle Website - join your local chapter today!  Here is a quote from this website:

I gave a loveseat to a lady who had nothing. Her husband had walked out on her and her children, and they were starting over from scratch. She was so thankful she cried - over a loveseat I would have probably thrown away.” 
—Louisville, KY

Now doesn't this just warm your heart?

Marebare :)



No comments:

Post a Comment